Re: [exim] demime & malware

Página Inicial
Autor: Tom Kistner
Para: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] demime & malware
Kirill Miazine wrote:

> exiscan-acl-spec.txt still suggests using "demime":

My motion to declare "demime" deprecated will come with the 4.50
release. Which will also have a revised documentation. :)

> I want to feed "decoded" parts to the virus scanner (currently the
> AV-engine scans the entire .eml-file). It is not possible to use
> "malware" in MIME ACL.

There is a MIME ACL example in configure.default. I lean towards letting
the AV engines do the decoding work. Their engines are specialized for
the task (they emulate MS MIMEOLE as closely as possible ... including
the "relaxed" decoding behaviour).

/tom