RE: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Brodbeck
CC: exim-users, 'Henry Kupets'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Doesn't this have to be the other way around?
>
> accept
> control = submission
> hosts = +older_MUA
>
> Otherwise I think Exim will see that the condition passes and immediately
> accept, skipping the rest.

No, you have got that the wrong way round. It will accept only if ALL
the conditions are true; thus, it always reads them all when it is going
to accept.

The shortcut happens when one of the conditions fails, so that it
knows not to accept. That is the case when it doesn't carry on.

So, the order

   accept hosts  =+older_MUA
         control =submission

is probably better because it sets "submission" only when it knows that
the host matches. In the other order, it always sets submission (which
is probably not what you want).

The general rule is that if you want to set controls that apply only
when the verb is triggered (i.e. when all conditions are true), you
should put these controls at the end.