Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Henry Kupets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Date Stamp Disappears

Tim Jackson wrote:

> On 20 Dec 2004, Henry Kupets wrote:
>

>>After upgrading Exim from v.3.33 to v.4.41 on my 'smart host' very
>>strange thing happened. This special email account started getting
>>emails from the Oracle AS without the date stamp. If you look at the
>>headers you can see one date/time line is missing
>

> Your Oracle server is not adding the Date: header. Somewhere in the Exim 4
> series, Exim (correctly) stopped adding this automatically.
>
> You can re-enable the old behavior by using the "control = submission" ACL
> rule somewhere in your RCPT ACL. This puts Exim into "submission" mode, in
> which it does various fixups like adding the Date line. Read the manual
> for more info.
>
> For example, you can substitute the normal line saying "accept hosts =
> +relay_from_hosts" to say something like this:
>
> accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>        control = submission

> (if that is an appropriate thing to do, and assuming your Oracle machine
> is in +relay_from_hosts of course. Alternatively, you could have a special
> line which only does it for the Oracle machine. )
>

> Tim

Well, I created the entry in the beginning of my 'configure' file:

hostlist older_MUA = x.y.z.y
(where x.y.z.y is my Oracle app.server address)

and put the following in my ACL:

accept hosts  =+older_MUA
         control =submission

in addition to already existing:

accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts

All the emails originated from the Oracle app.server still comes without
a date line in the header. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Henry