Re: [exim] blocking domains

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] blocking domains
Jerry M. Howell II <jmhowell@???> wrote:
> if I wanted to block a domain or ip range from sending mail to the
> server how would I do that? I've scanned google really quick but have
> come up short.

Scan the Exim documentation instead, look for the ACL chapter (38).

Depending on your configuration (about which you've told us absolutely
nothing), you need a section in an ACL, probably the RCPT acl, which says

deny message = We don't want your mail
hosts = +bad_hosts

and a definition of the hostlist 'bad_hosts' at the top of the config

hostlist bad_hosts = 1.2.3.0/24 : 2.3.0.0/16

or something.

Banning by domain is similar:

deny message = We don't want your mail either
domains = +bad_domains

and at the top of the config

domainlist bad_domains = unwanted.example.com

If you're running a config derived from the default one, there are lots of
comments in the ACL section which will help you understand what the
different parts do.

Peter