Re: [exim] Why does exim4 stat /boot and /proc/<pid>/mounts …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Schiffbauer
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Now exim segfault in a very strange way :-/ (was: Re: Why does exim4 stat /boot and /proc/<pid>/mounts very often?)
Subject: Re: [exim] Why does exim4 stat /boot and /proc/<pid>/mounts very often?
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:

> > > Run a SMTP message receive in debug mode and see if you can see how the
> > > accesses match up with exim operations.
> >
> > Ultimately, I guess, you may have to strace it.
>
> which would be the best exim call to test that?

strace is the Linux command for running a program and tracing all its
system calls. If you are using Solaris, the equivalent program is called
truss. The output tends to be voluminous, but it might give a clue as to
when the stat() calls of interest take place.