RE: [exim] non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: Andy Firman, exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11
Andy Firman wrote:
> We are getting this error when sending mail to a certain ISP.

> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp transport process \
> returned non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11

This is probably related to the TLS issues and PostINI discussions that
have been going on here in the last couple of days. I imagine that if
you look up the host you're trying to send it, it will be something in
the psmtp.com domain. Further investigation of a debug message would
probably reveal the session attempting to use TLS, and eventually
bombing out.

As mentioned previously, adding a "hosts_avoid_tls = *" to your
remote_smtp transport should solve this issue.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Computer Network Manager