Re: [exim] syntactically invalid argument(s) - rejected HELO

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] syntactically invalid argument(s) - rejected HELO
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 05:19:26 -0800, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> I still say it's a bug.
>
> The RFCs requite that you accept domain leterals. So if I rejected all
> mail from server who violated that rule then how much mail would I get.
> I bet most of you ignore that rule. The underscore issue is trivial and
> to me it's a bug.

The default obeys the RFCs. There's a facility for you to configure
your system to be more relaxed if you choose. What part of that is a
bug?

Even if it were determined that way, there's no case for changing the
default behaviour when there is an easy documented workaround, since
such changes affect a large installed base.

Peter