Re: [exim] syntactically invalid argument(s) - rejected HELO

Autor: Igor Robul
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] syntactically invalid argument(s) - rejected HELO
Alan J. Flavell wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Igor Robul wrote:
>

>>We have one Vietnamese client who has '_ ' in HELO.
>>

>And you're not allowed to point out to them that it violates the
>applicable interworking specifications, and is liable to cause them
>problems elsewhere?

I have done this (pointing), but I was told that in Vietnam there is one
or two big national providers , and host with '_' is providers host, and
is not controlled by our client.
Also, if I have not added '_' to valid chars, then we just can not force
our policy to archive all incoming mail, because manager, who works with
this client, could not get mail at office, but he could get mail at free
webmail system.