Re: [exim] Anti SPAM Exim configuration

Autor: Mark Hynes
A: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Anti SPAM Exim configuration
On Dec 14, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

> > No IP address in HELO
>
> You'd better not do that to your outbound clients though - Macs seem
> to have rediscovered this option, that we thought had practically died
> out.
>
> > No pretending they are one of my domains in HELO
>
> That's a "kill on sight", for sure.

Unfortunately there seem to be clients out there that HELO with the domain
from the From: header and/or envelope, regardless of the actual hostname.
Not many, but it can cause problems especially if you don't know where your
users might send from so can't cover them with an exception for your own
IP address space.

--
  Mark Hynes               mark.hynes@???
    Service Developer        http://www.uk.easynet.net/