Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded …

Author: Marcin Owsiany
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How can I tell if my server is getting bombarded with spam?
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 12:17:11PM -0600, Tommy Butler wrote:
> Are people trying to send seriously huge amounts of spam through my
> server?

Probably, but pasting a random piece of logfile doesn't help us to make
sure. Please work with one message at a time, for example find out why
it wasn't delivered, and how it was submitted (grep and exim -Mvl are
your friends). Compare that to your site policy. Then you'll know what's
going on. Obviously just installing the security tools doesn't make you
more secure. Understanding what really happens does.

regards,

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany