[exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] PostINI and TLS - SMTP Transport errors
A few days ago, I started getting a couple messages a day that were
frozen. The error indicated was:

smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by
signal 11

A little research on Google turned up a post from Phillip indicating it
might be a TLS bug that was fixed in 4.43. Upon further investigation,
I discovered all these different addresses that were failing are using
PostINI for their mail filtering. My configuration hasn't changed, and
these are all addresses that people send to regularly, so I'm assuming
something is going on with PostINI.

A debug run of the frozen messages reveals that PostINI is advertising
TLS, and that my system is attempting to use it. However, I haven't
configured TLS on my box, nor do I really have a need for it. It's
compiled in because I'm using the Debian exim4-daemon-heavy package for
exiscan. Is there anyway I can quickly solve this problem?

My system is a Debian Woody box, running Andreas' backported Exim4
packages, specifically exim4.34-6. If necessary, I can post the debug
log and my configuration, but I'll hold off on that for now since
they're rather large.

On a side note, is there a timeframe for getting 4.43 packaged into
Debian so we can backport it for Woody?

Thanks!

Steven
---