[exim] How to advertise different Authentication methods for…

Author: Wolfgang Kraft
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] How to advertise different Authentication methods for encrypted/unencrypted connections
Hello,

I wish to configure my EXIM in that way, that all users have to use
authentication. In addition there should be no possibility, that a password
used for authentication can be retrieved by sniffing the connection (e.g.
tcpdump).

My configuration should look like:

Standard TCP connection: Use only CRAM-MD5

TLS encrypted connection: Offer: PLAIN, LOGIN and CRAM-MD5

Is there any possibility like Q1702 in the Exim-FAQ, which will allow for
that?
Q1702 only allows to offer NO authentication for plain tcp connections and
any configured authentication for encrypted connections.

Regards

Wolfgang Kraft