Re: [exim] deliver mails for domains with local mx to first …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] deliver mails for domains with local mx to first mta
Jonas Meurer <jonas@???> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i run exim 4.34 from debian/sarge as second mta on port 26. the first
> mta on the machine is courier, listening on port 25.
>
> exim is responsible for several domains, all configured as local
> domains, but there are several other domains that have the local ip as
> first MX. These are the ones that courier is responsible for.
>
> everything runs smooth currently, except for the situation, that exim
> sends mail to domains that have configured a local ip as MX.
>
> the logs in this case look for example like this:
> 2004-12-10 21:52:25 1Ccp9Z-0006wn-Or == jonas@???
> R=dnslookup \ defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local
> host
>
> i found already some information about this problem in the FAQ, and
> finally got it working at least for the domain freesources.org with
> the following router and transport configured:
>
> # router for first mta
> courier:
> driver = accept
> domains = freesources.org
> transport = courier_smtp
> self = send
>
> # transport for first mta
> courier_smtp:
> debug_print = "T: courier_smtp for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = smtp
> hosts = localhost
> allow_localhost
>
> the main problem is, that the first mta is responsible for quite many
> domains, and i'm not willed to configure every new one manually in a
> list for my exim router.
>
> so my intension is to configure exim to automaticly send mails to
> local but not configured domains as they wheren't local, with
> remote_smtp.
>
> this should result in exim sending mails to mta over tcp, according to
> the MX records of a domain, both to local and remote hosts.
> the only exception are domains that exim is configured to be
> responible for.

If you leave the 'domains' clause out of the router, it will trigger for any
domain which hasn't already been handled in a previous router - this might
work for you.

Or you could use

domains = @mx_primary

which will trigger for all domains for which this server is the best MX, and
which haven't already been handled in a previous router.

Peter