Re: [exim] tnef attachments

Autor: Jim Roberts
A: De Leeuw Guy, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] tnef attachments

----- Original Message -----
From: "De Leeuw Guy" <G.De_Leeuw@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: [exim] tnef attachments

>>You could try to talk the Outlook users into switching their setting for
>>the
>>format of styled messages from RTF to HTML. You have so many that seems
>>unlikely to work, however. (And, inside the local network, they may
>>*want*
>>the Microsoft cruft.)
>>
>> --John
>>

> Yes, but my problem is the users outside our network and our company.
> I use thuderbird as client, and the management of the winmail.dat work,
> but via wmparser (under windows)
> Under linux, the manipulation it's not easy (save the attachment, use the
> tnef tools to extract the files).
> The best way for me is to correct the problem when the mail income and
> send a message to the sender.
> But how to correct the problem ........
>
> Guy

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it the postmaster's problem to handle tnef
crud? Is it not simply better to let the crud go through to the recipients,
and let THEM complain to the sender when they can't read it? That would be
dramatically more effective than us trying to convince lusers to stop using
it.

Perhaps I am just ignorant of some "feature" of tnef that breaks something
else? I am not aware of any. ISTR Exim processes such mails normally...
Exim doesn't mess with message bodies. What am I missing here?

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.