Re: [exim] Reject email from a ip or ip range

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Reject email from a ip or ip range
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:38:05 +0200, Godfrey <godfreyexim@???> wrote:
> At 17:27 2004/12/09, Peter Bowyer said
> >Heaps of info on ACLs in the docs......
>
> Hello
>
> Thank you for your responce
>
> I am using this one
> under acl_check_rcpt:
>
> drop message = Your server is spamming us
>      hosts = net-lsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/banned_ips

> But the sending host keeps on resending over and over at about 400 an hour

OK - that would have been useful information in your original
question, and would have avoided a round-trip....

> Is there any way I could put a stop to their mail sever trying to connect
> to mine or timing out and not bothering again

It's not possible to predict exactly what will cause them to stop
retrying - if you're sure you never want to hear from them again, then
as has been suggested already, drop them at the firewall.

Peter