[exim] Exim Virtual Domains

Author: Pete Savage
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim Virtual Domains
Hi I orginally sent

Hi, all
I really want to use exim for virtual domains and have been pulling my hair
out for about 2 weeks.
I have Exim 4 that comes with fedora core 3
I was trying to follow this howto
http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/EximVirtualDomains
It is written for exim 3, and I have been told by someone that the
"aliasfile" driver is now "redirect" and that transport and director have
been mreged.
I am a complete novice in exim, but I would like it to work exactly as laid
out in this page. I owuld also like to be able to setup a catch all for any
domain where the account sent to didn't exist.
Please please please can you help me.
I really need this to work soon
Thank-you
Pete

I have had some useful replies, but I still need to know a few things. My
current changes only include, from the stock exim file,
changing the local_user transport to
file = /etc/virtual/$domain/$local_part
This works quite well, except, I want it to reject mail sent to users that
do not have a valid local_part in the domain folder and for it to be placed
in a catch all for that domain.
This is what I'd really really like. Also
Is there the possiblilty of giving a hint how to setup accounts in dovecot,
in order to read these domains ?!
Thanx
Pete