Re: [exim] case insensitive regex matching?

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] case insensitive regex matching?
Tony Finch wrote:
>> Is it possible to ignore case differences?
>
> Perlish regex options like /regex/i can also be specified like
> /(?i)regex/ or /(?i:regex)/

Hmmm.

| virtual_user router failed to expand "...": regular expression error
| in "^(?i": unrecognized character after (? at offset 4

I'm using
Exim version 4.34 #1 built 11-Sep-2004 12:28:23
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (May 26, 2004)
Support for: iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 passwdpgsql
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral iplookup manualroute queryprogram
redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 21 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

"(?i)" does work though, so it solves my little problem.

Thanks for the quick response,
daniel