Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem

Author: Henry Kupets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem
I tried:

hostlist sunhosts = dia20.dia.state.ma.us : dia30.dia.state.ma.us
deny message = sender verification failed
      hosts = !+sunhosts
      !verify = sender

It worked (kind of).
All the messages from my internal Sun boxes can get through to me and
other users in our LAN, no more rejection. Scheduled email can also go
from those Sun servers to the certain addresses on the Internet.

But when I send email from those servers manually from the command line
to couple random addresses(for instance my home, etc.) it does not get
through. I can find in the mainlog file on my 'smart mailer': "sender
verification failed".

Unfortunately I can not make DNS changes in the DMZ DNS servers (there
are separate DNS servers in DMZ). I am still not sure why I can not
send email from 'dia20.dia.state.ma.us' to any Internet email address if
my "smart mailer" does not do any sender verification for this box now
(according to my new configuration file).

Thanks,
--
Henry Kupets
Sys.Admin