[exim] Re: domainlist: Howto create sections?

Author: Axel Thimm
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: domainlist: Howto create sections?
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:28:02AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > I'd like to express something like
> >
> >     domain either in list1 or in list2 and list3

> Complicated "boolean" conditions like that are not straightforward in
> Exim's simple list-processing.
>
> > domainlist listX = +list1 : +list2
>
> That can be read "in list1 or in list 2".
>
> > domainlist not2or3 = !+list2 : !+list3
>
> That can be read "not in list2 and not in list3".
>
> > But that won't work, as when negations enter the lists cannot be
> > considered anymore as union of the elements (e.g. all non-list2 domain
> > match the first and never check the second).
>
> It doesn't work quite like that. If a domain matches list2, the answer
> is "no", otherwise it checks list3.
>
> > # Accept mail as local if in local_domains or we are primary mx of the
> > # domains in +localmx_domains
>
> That doesn't make sense. Surely what you mean is: "Accept mail as local
> if the current domain is in local_domains or we are the primary mx for
> *the current domain* and it is also in localmx_domains"?

mi no neitiv spiika ;)
(and it was late last night ;)

> I don't think you can do this in one list, but you can do it an an ACL:

That's sad, I hoped I could encapsulated it and reuse one domainlist
in ACLs and routers.

> accept domains = +local_domains
>
>   accept  domains = @mx_primary
>           domains = +localmx_domains

> The second "accept" has two conditions, both of which must be true.

But I don't need it in ACLs, but in the routing section (this
domainlist is not about deciding on relaying, but on when to consider
local delivery).

In routers multiple "domains" keywords are not allowed :(

I assume that I could have several routers to model the anding
condition, but then the config files gets more and more obfuscated,
and finally I would even drop the bestmx_is_local feature modeling in
favour of keeping a maintainable config file.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net