Re: [exim] MBX Driver - on non MBX file

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MBX Driver - on non MBX file
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:

> So - how smart is the MBX driver? If I'm using an append transport and the
> file I'm appending to is not MBX but and old unix format - but I specified MBX
> - does it do a unix append - or convert the file? Or does it crash?

It is undefined what it does. It certainly does not convert the file. It
probably mangles it. If you want to handle a conversion process, take a
look at the "file_format" option of the appendfile transport. For
example:

local_delivery:
  driver = appendfile
  check_string =
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  file = /var/spool/mail/$local_part
  file_format = "*mbx*\r\n : local_delivery :\
                 From      : local_bsd_delivery"
  mbx_format
  message_prefix =
  message_suffix =