[exim] main option "pgsql_servers" unknown

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] main option "pgsql_servers" unknown
Stumped here:

- I have two PGSQL-driven Exim 4.43+28 installs, near-as-dammit
identical (both are still in testing mode) as to build, environment,
users in the DB, directory structure, perms, etc. They differ primarily
in domain names & IP numbers.

- Both were built "WITH_PGSQL", found the relevant dependencies (lbpq)
and reflect that in the lookup capability list as output from the 'Exim
-bV' command.

- ~/exim/configure is identical, save for IP & domain name.

- The one built a few days ago works fine. The one built today throws
an error I cannot find on Google, in docs, or in the 32,000+ message
archive I conveniently keep of this very mailing list:

- The error message is:

Exim configuration error in line 14 of /usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
    main option "pgsql_server" unknown.

- The line cited is one or the other of (never both at the same time) of:

OR

PGSQL is responding to ZPsycopgDA on *both* the IP port and the Unix
socket, so it doesn't appear to be a DB issue.

Syntactically, it sounds as if Exim is telling me it was not compiled to
understand the "psql_server" call - yet it was.

exim -bV so confirms.

Plenty of 'evidence' available if no one has a QNDA.

Bill Hacker