Re: [exim] exim and firstname.lastname

Author: Pauli Suikka
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] help with the router setup
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and firstname.lastname
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Christian Schmidt wrote:

> Hello Pauli,
> Pauli Suikka, 30.11.2004 (d.m.y):
>> I've been trying to get firstname.lastname@domain email addresses to work.
>> Afaik, gecos_pattern and gecos_name defaults to real name.
>> passwd is default stable debian passwd, with gecos field like Foo Bar,,,
>> or just plain Foo Bar
>>
>> I'd like to get email address like foo.bar@domain to work.
>>
>> I'm switching from sendmail, where that worked just by uncommenting use
>> gecos field option.. ;)
>>
>> Have I missed something in my configuration?
>>
>> Now i'm using aliases file generated by shell script..
>
> That's the way we're using it at our department (still with sendmail).
>
>> I've tested this with debian unstable too, and doesn't work with that
>> either.
>
> _What_ doesn't work?

Automatic recipient match from gecos field.

> Doesn't exim accept the aliases file??

Uh sorry for inaccurate question. Aliases file works. But maintaining
aliases file for ~1000 accounts is quite a job. Now I have shell script
that generates aliases file.

I am trying to get automatic gecos field recognition to work.

Thanks for your reply, and help in advance ;)

-Pauli