[exim] Sender Callout Verification on non-default NI

Author: Dan Shoop
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Sender Callout Verification on non-default NI
I have a multihomed network (Cable/HFC from OptimumOnline, DSL from
Verizon) with a default route through OptimumOnline which has stopped
passing port 25 traffic. These are NAT'ed LAN networks 192.168.1.0/24
and 10.123.119.0/24 respectively, with 192.168.1.0/24 as the default
route/network. I'm using DynDNS's MailHop service to act as primary
MX which then resends on a high order port to my local exim which is
listening on 192.168.1.20. Outgoing mail smarthosts through my ISP
already.

I want to teach exim to do Sender Callout Verification through the NI
that attaches to the DSL network by the IP address 10.123.119.19 and
does permit port 25 traffic. It would seem as if the "interface"
qualifier should be useful here.

I have the following RCPT ACL:

warn  !verify          = sender/callout
       domains          = !+noverify_domains
       message          = X-Exim-Sender-Verify: failed - $acl_verify_message
       log_message      = sender verify failed: $acl_verify_message

I tried creating the following router and transports:

this_router_verifies_addresses:
   driver       = dnslookup
   domains      = !+local_domains
   transport    = verify_smtp
   verify_only

verify_smtp:
   driver       = smtp
   interface    = 10.123.119.19

remote_smtp:
   driver       = smtp

Yet it always seems to try and callout through the default NI regardless.

What am I missing here?
--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                                   AIM: iWiring
Systems & Networks Architect                     http://www.iwiring.net/
shoop@???                                 http://www.ustsvs.com/

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF 12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix, and Open Source application technologies and offers
24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients, at affordable rates.