[exim] Problem building exim on Solaris 9

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Problem building exim on Solaris 9
Hi exim users,

at the moment, I'm trying to build exim-4.43 with the exiscan-acl
patch on a "freshly patched" Solaris 9 system:
uname -a reveals:
SunOS excalibur 5.9 Generic_117171-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

Compiler is gcc 3.3.2 drom sunfreeware.com.

Each time I call "make", it exits with the following lines:
(Sorry for broken linefeeds...)

exim  acl.o bmi_spam.o child.o crypt16.o daemon.o dbfn.o debug.o
deliver.o demime.o  directory.o dns.o drtables.o enq.o exim.o expand.o
filter.o  filtertest.o globals.o  header.o host.o ip.o log.o lss.o
malware.o match.o mime.o moan.o os.o parse.o queue.o  rda.o readconf.o
readconf.o receive.o regex.o retry.o rewrite.o rfc2047.o  route.o
search.o sieve.o smtp_in.o smtp_out.o spam.o spf.o spool_in.o
spool_mbox.o spool_out.o  srs.o store.o string.o tls.o tnef.o tod.o
transport.o tree.o verify.o  local_scan.o  version.o \
  pcre/libpcre.a \
  routers/routers.a transports/transports.a lookups/lookups.a \
  auths/auths.a \
  -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat    \
      \

Undefined                  first referenced
 symbol                        in file
dlsym                      exim.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
dlopen                     exim.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
dlclose                    exim.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
dlerror                    exim.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `exim'

Although I searched half the web with Google, I couldn't find anything
that pushed me onto the right track.

Has anybody got a hint how to solve the problem?

My Local/Makefile looks like this:

EXIM_GID=6 # the "mail" group
BIN_DIRECTORY=/usr/local/exim/bin
CONFIGURE_FILE=/etc/exim4/exim.conf