Re: [exim] Filter apparently being ignored in exim4.43.

Author: Bevis R W King
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Filter apparently being ignored in exim4.43.
Philip

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:14 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> ... so it is running the router
>
> 9097 userforward router generated /home/gabrielle/users/brwk/.maildir/.Lists.Rail.DEModellers/
>
> The filter ran and generated that address. Is that what you expect?

Absolutely. I want it delivered to the maildir folder for that mailing
list.

>  9097 After routing:
>  9097   Local deliveries:
>  9097     /home/gabrielle/users/brwk/.maildir/.Lists.Rail.DEModellers/

> Confirms that the result of routing is to generate a single delivery to
> that specific mailbox.

Yup.

> 9097 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Local deliveries >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> ... which it then proceeds to do. I'm now confused. What is the problem
> again?

No, it doesn't. It puts it in the default maildir mailbox of:

    /home/gabrielle/users/brwk/.maildir/

It seems to figure out that it is list email, that it should go in
the .maildir folder specified in the .forward for that list.

The user forward seems to work out correctly exactly what it is expected
to do, but then forgets the pathname completely and falls back to the
default at the last minute.

This is why I'm so confused. It worked fine in exim-3, but died over
the translation to exim-4, and then I moved across the active bit to the
otherwise default config file for exim-4 and it still all ends up in the
default .maildir directory, not the filtered ones.

Regards, Bevis.