Re: [exim] Meta: Debian and Exim

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Meta: Debian and Exim
Hello Peter,

Peter Bowyer, 29.11.2004 (d.m.y):

> An increasing number of questions are posted here by newbie users of Exim,
> who got the software with their Debian distro and need help with it. I,
> along with, I suspect, many others here, am unable to help them in anything
> more than general terms because of my lack of knowledge of how the Debian
> package hangs together.
>
> Is there a resource somewhere which describes in terms I would understand
> how the Debian distribution of Exim 4 differs from the standard vanilla
> distribution?

You could have a look at <http://packages.debian.org> and get the
"Debianized" sources of the corresponding exim Debian packages.
Inside these "source packages", you'll find several files one of which
contains for example the options the Debian package of exim is built
with.

If this doesn't answer your question completely, feel free to respond
- then I'll have a look at the source packages, too.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt
--
Gewinn anderer wird fast wie Verlust empfunden.
        -- Wilhelm Busch