Re: [exim] blocking an email address, and using fetchmail

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] blocking an email address, and using fetchmail
Brent Clark <bclark@???> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The setup I have is:
> I use fetchmail to fetch my pop mail from a certain account, and then
> that mail is handed over to exim to process.
>
> The problem I am sitting with, is that in my exim4.conf file. I have a
> block rcpt list, which is working beautifully, but I see that when
> fetchmail tries to offer the mail from the banned rcpt, then fetchmail
> rejects the mail, and then mail sits in the queue.
>
> But I would like is that, Exim would reply back to the banned person,
> with some message of some sort.

You'd need to have Exim accept the message rather than deny it, and perhaps
have a router which catches the relevant senders list ahead of your standard
local delivery router, and which calls an autoreply transport.

I don't know enough about the Debian setup to tell you exactly how to write
these or where to put them, unfortunately.

Peter