[exim] exim 4.43 and GnuTLS: How to control cipher negotiati…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim 4.43 and GnuTLS: How to control cipher negotiation?
Hi,

When exim4 is being used in conjunction with GnuTLS, the ciphers are
"strangely" prioritized. This results in my systems almost always
choosing ARCFOUR as cipher, even if the other side's admin claims that
his MTA can do better (for example DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA).

Can I control cipher selection besides the obvious possibility to
forbid certain ciphers at all (resulting in messages being sent in the
clear while a common cipher would actually have been available)?

Is it a known GnuTLS quirk that ARCFOUR ranks quite high in the
selection scale?

Greetings
Marc