Re: [exim] Wishlist item: once_repeat_daily

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Wishlist item: once_repeat_daily
V. T. Mueller, Continum worte:

..[snip]...

> From my point of view, there is no general need to set
> once_repeat to a value smaller than 24h. In this case,
> however, you regularly run into occurances of senders
> not getting notified again during the morning hours just
> because they already sent mail the last afternoon. The
> crucial point with this is that people apear to forget
> about the exact date when their contact will be available
> again. To face this, there right now is the possibility
> to stop using once_repeat or setting it to a value
> smaller or equal to 6h. Both not really appealing.

Set the time to either 8h or 10h, this should get a message to each
sender once per day, in business hours anyway ;)

> The more elegant way, in my opinion, would be in using
> simple daily steps with once_repeat.[1]

But here again, when should the 'day' begin? At 7:00 AM local time,
8:00 AM local time?

You could also just set a cron job that runs at say 5:00 or 6:00 AM
local time and deletes the vacation DB's from the users directories,
or where ever it is that you keep them. Then you can keep the more
stnadard 24h for once repeat.

--

--EAL--