Re: [exim] sender_verify question

Author: Stephen Gran
To: Lists - Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] sender_verify question
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:24:08PM +0000, Kelley Reynolds said:
> Is there a way to have callout verification return false instead of
> deferring so the behavior can be more controlled? For instance, I have
> a warn ACL that verifies a recipient, but when the callout defers,
> exim defers. I want to proceed on to other things if that deferral
> fails and know that it failed, rather than set defer_ok and have it
> pretend it succeeded. Maybe setting $callout_verify_status or
> something? Or maybe this is already done and I missed it.

warn set acl_m0 = no

warn verify     = sender
     set acl_m0 = yes

warn condition  = ${if eq{$acl_m0}{no}{yes}{no}}
     verify     = sender/defer_ok
     set acl_m0 = defer

Totally untested, but something like that ought to work. Maybe sprinkle
in some 'endpass' lines if needed. Then just check the value of $acl_m0
later if you want to know whether the verify failed, deferred, or
passed.

P.S., please wrap your lines at something easier to read.
|  Stephen Gran                  | NOTICE: anyone seen smoking will be     |
|  steve@???             | assumed to be on fire and will be       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | summarily put out.                      |