Re: [exim] Mail accepted for non-existent users

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail accepted for non-existent users
On 11/22/2004 20:27, "DaJoob" <DaJoob@???> wrote:

> Sidenote:
> Is there a way I can see how much mail each user is sending out? I think
> I may have spammers using my server, and would like to find out who it is.

You can start with the output from eximstats (supplied with Exim).

Unfortunately, the list of relayed messages is ordered by sending address,
not by message count...but a simple script run over the output could fix
that up (and hide the results below a threshold, and just sum the counts and
ignore the recipient addresses).

Having just examined yesterday's output for one "customer-facing" server
(our customers now talk to us on different IPs than does the world, which is
handy for this and many other purposes) I see I should amend eximstats here
to filter out some "relays" which aren't really.

Or you could use eximstats as a model script, and write a log processor of
your own. We'll soon be tracking message counts, but we'll use a processor
outside of Exim which all the messages pass through anyhow.

--John