Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"

Author: Marten Lehmann
Subject: Re: [exim] "sender verify defer" although no "verify sender"
Hello,

> If verify=sender doesn't succeed on your server then it won't succeed on
> the recipient's server either.

yes, for sure. But most simple clients don't check for errors. They just
send an email to a recipient, that really exists. But if the mailserver
refuses their email because of a wrong sender address, neither they
receive an error message nor the recipient receives the email, although
there's no reason why the email is not received.

> You really should do your best to ensure that email emitted from your
> network is correctly addressed, if you don't want to be blacklisted.

We do, but disabled sender verify is nothing that brings us on black
lists. And to be honest: I don't know any provider, that blocks emails
because of a not valid sender address.

But anyway: My problem is, that the sender verify seems to be done
although exim isn't explicitly told to do it. So how can I really
disable it, or what is causing exim to do the check although it's not in
the ACL?

Regards
Marten