Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Eric S. Raymond, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] problems in eximstats.8
On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:24 -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:44:14AM -0500,
> Eric S. Raymond <esr@???> is thought to have said:
>
> > Tim Jackson <lists@???>:
> > > However, it's worth noting that Fedora Core >= 2 now includes Exim anyway.
> >
> > rpm -qi says it does. Good. Now I'll just have to figure out how to switch
> > MTAs.
>
> It's probably built to use the alternatives system. So you can switch with
> '/usr/sbin/alternatives --config mta'

It is built against alternatives, so that will work if you can figure
out the alternatives syntax.

However since the other MTAs use alternatives too, cutting down the
alternatives to just one works fine - thats what I normally do :-)

    yum install exim
    yum erase sendmail
    yum erase postfix

    Nigel.

[Promoting system administration with large mallets and no subtlety]