Re: [exim] exim, sg and tr

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: jori.hamalainen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim, sg and tr
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 jori.hamalainen@??? wrote:

> I am using ${sg} with a multiline header, and it looks to me that
> - sg compared to perl regexp is in single-line-mode "." stops at '\n'
> - sg doesn't accept parameters similar to Perl's s///m

No, but you can set the flags inside the patterns using, for example,
(?m) to set /m or (?s) to set /s. This is documented in the PCRE
documentation, and also in Perl documentation, as it is also a Perl
feature. The relevant PCRE documentation is distributed with Exim in the
file doc/pcrepattern.txt.