Re: [exim] blank message-id

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] blank message-id
On 11/22/2004 6:42, "Michael Haardt" <michael@???> wrote:

>>> I wonder if we should be able to have exim do a full header syntax check. I
>>> already
>>> do a verify = header_syntax, but that is a bit of a misnomer since it only
>>> checks
>>> headers which contain addresses. Perhaps Message-id: should be added to
>>> verify =
>>> header_syntax because it has an e-mail address syntax.
>>
>> What do other people think about this?
>
> I vote for any feature that allows to test RFC conformance, because I like
> to catch errors early.

On the other hand, it seems dangerous to add a new check to an existing
verification (verify = header_syntax) unconditionally, since it is a
behavior change.

Either adding extended syntax (per some other recent additions) (eg verify =
header_syntax/feature,feature) or adding a different verify = xxx would seem
safer.

---John