Re: [exim] pgsql lookup

Author: Johannes Berg
To: Eduardo Gargiulo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] pgsql lookup
Hello Eduardo,

> I'm deploying a web system (php+pgsql) and I'would like to integrate user
> information between the web application and exim through postgresql. Looking
> at debian cache, I saw that is possible to use pgsql for lookups using
> exim4-daemon-heavy.

Yes. Install exim4-daemon-heavy first -- nothing should change.

> The documentation I had read (The Exim Specification - Version 4.4x) is hard
> to understand for me becouse I haven't enough knowledge about exim. Is there
> any other document about this feature? Could you please help me to configure
> exim4 for sql lookups?

Now that depends on what kind of lookups you want to do. Generally
speaking, in ACLs you use
condition = ${lookup pgsql....}
(see http://exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_9.html#SECT9.17)

If you describe in more detail what you want to do, I'm sure I and
others can help you with the specific problem you're facing.

johannes