Re: [exim] HOWTO: interactive exim.conf build

Author: Gareth Gregor
To: exim
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] HOWTO: interactive exim.conf build

> It's been a while since I have configured an exim installation. If I
> recall correctly, there was a script, or a tool, that prompted you for
> options and built the exim.conf for you. Does anyone know what that
> script/tool is called, how it is invoked, where I can find it?

On debian there is a text based configuration program for exim3.x and a
ncurses 'dialog' one for exim4.
They dont configure everything, just some of the basic stuff.

Maybe if you sniff around on packages.debian.org you could find what you
need and 'port' it to the distro you using. if you are using debian then
the exim3 one is eximconfig and the exim4 one is dpkg-reconfigure
exim4-config

HTH
-G-
Content scanned with IronGate (Fe.Mail)