Re: [exim] Blacklist lookup?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Jan Johansson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blacklist lookup?
On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 11:48 +0100, Jan Johansson wrote:
> Lets say I have a list with the left part of a bunch of email addresses
>
> a.user
> another.user
> and-so.on
>
> and I want an ACL to reject any mail to a domain where the local-part is
> not found in that list.
>
> Is that doable?

To my mind this is actually a routing rather than an acl problem.

Presumably you have some form of router for the exchange box, which you
could do as something like:-

  exchange:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = exchange-box-domain.com
    local_parts     = lsearch;/var/exim/exchange-box-domain/valid-emails
    route_list = \
    exchange-box-domain.com    1.2.3.4    byname
    transport = remote_smtp

Then ensure you don't accept the exchange box domain(s) anywhere else,
and your ACLs do a verify of both sender and receiver.

This has an advantage that if they send out through you as well, you
will block stuff sent from non-whitelisted addresses in their domains,
so they make damn sure the lists are in sync....

    Nigel.