Re: [exim] Local and remote users on the same domain.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: Exim-users
CC:
Asunto: Re: [exim] Local and remote users on the same domain.
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 01:56:31PM +0200, Gareth Gregor said:

> Hi all,
>
> I have exim4 running and its running as a smarthost, all mail to one
> domain gets delivered local, but mail to anyother domain gets passed to an
> smtp server of the ISP to get deliverd. Everything is working except
> remote users of the same domain name eg.

I think you mean 'some users in this domain are delivered locally, but
others are delivered remotely, and they go out through a smarthost', but
I am not sure.
> rcpt to:duncan@???
> 250 OK

So, Duncan has a local account,

> rcpt to:carola@???
> 550 unknown user

And Carol doesn't.

> I have looked at the exim4 FAQ on the site and found this and added it.
>
> unknown:
>      driver = manualroute
>      transport = remote_smtp
>      route_list = * smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net
>      no_verify

So, you are telling exim not to use this router when doing verification
checks. This is why exim can;t find a router for carol, presumably.

> I have looked at the exim4 -d -bt carola@??? and I dont
> quite understand it, if there is anyone that would need to see this to
> help i'll send it too, and I put the above "unknown:" into the section
> ### router/300_exim4-config_real_local

The -bt output would be useful.

|  Stephen Gran                  | "In matters of principle, stand like a  |
|  steve@???             | rock; in matters of taste, swim with    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | the current." -- Thomas Jefferson       |