Re: [exim] Error message in exim

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Error message in exim
On 11/15/2004 8:57, "Héctor Garcia Peris" <hector.garcia@???> wrote:

> I am using exim 3.36 in a debian 3.1. When I send a message and an
> error happens, exim server generates an auto-response message that
> can be customized in a template file with the errmsg_file option.
> But the problem is that I don't know how can I configure this
> message to avoid send the original message in the body of the error
> message. Can anybody help me?

Sorry, I can't help with Exim 3 (too long ago).

However, try
exim -bP | grep return

You may see some or all of
bounce_return_body
bounce_return_message
bounce_return_size_limit

IMHO you want to return at least the headers (bounces without headers a
essentially ignored here, since they are essentially useless in these days
of forged senders).

You may want to return *some* of the body but not all...the latter to avoid
bouncing live viruses.

--John