Re: [exim] Yet another Greylisting local_scan package

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: David Woodhouse
CC: 'Exim Users', Tor Slettnes, Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [exim] Yet another Greylisting local_scan package
On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:57:54AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 19:29 -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >
> > Right, and if you are doing greylisting after DATA, you ought to do the
> > conditional greylisting that SA-Exim does:
> > http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
> > http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/sa-exim-cvs/README.greylisting
>
> You write:
>
> - if the score is lower than the "surely spam" threshold (shown as 11 in the
> example below), check for a file in
> /var/spool/sa-exim/messageids/co/nn/ect/ip/envfrom/envto
>
> What of IPv6 addresses?

Not supported yet :)

Not that it's hard to add, but
a) if you receive spam over IPv6, let me know :)
b) writing the code without IPv6 or any debugging just to say I support
IPv6, doesn't seem that great
c) the IPv4 code gives you the option to treat everyone on a /24 the same
(i.e. if you greylist someone within a /24, you'll accept mail from them
if it comes from another IP within that /24).
I honestly have no idea what collapsing I ought to do for IPv6

I take patches though :)

Marc
(I'm hoping to release a new version with greylisting as a SA 3.0 plugin,
pretty soon)
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key