Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Fabio Cuomo, exim-users
CC:
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] SMTP Authentication
At 10:43 am +0100 2004/11/15, Fabio Cuomo wrote:
>Hi at all,
>i'm newbie to exim. I've installed exim on my pc, i have debian
>linux distro. I wanto to realize SMTP authentication in sucnh way
>that authorize only certain user to relaying email (hope this is
>correct). I have read exim authentication to realize plaintext
>authentication with passwd file, but i haven't understood how to add
>users to file, or rather i know that must add users as : user:pwd ,
>but how i crypt password for each user? Is there any tools that do
>it ??

how rude to repost the same question! Anyway, for this time...

Apache comes with the tool htpasswd that afaik creates files in the
correct format.

>Can i use postgresql dbms to store authentication users ??

why not..

>If I store users' authentication as above, could I not add users to
>the system?

question not understood. If you mean, could I check authentication
against local (system) users, the answer is yes. You could use PAM
for that. Look it up in the doc/spec.txt file.

Giuliano