[exim] Local and remote users on the same domain.

Página Inicial
Autor: Gareth Gregor
Para: Exim-users
CC:
Assunto: [exim] Local and remote users on the same domain.

Hi all,

I have exim4 running and its running as a smarthost, all mail to one
domain gets delivered local, but mail to anyother domain gets passed to an
smtp server of the ISP to get deliverd. Everything is working except
remote users of the same domain name eg.

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 jhbmail.davislangdon.co.za ESMTP Exim 4.34 Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:43:42
+0200
helo davislangdon.co.za
250 jhbmail.davislangdon.co.za Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
mail from:duncan@???
250 OK
rcpt to:duncan@???
250 Accepted
data
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
subject: testing local.
.
250 OK id=1CTfHR-0001xN-VQ
mail from:duncan@???
250 OK
rcpt to:carola@???
550 unknown user
quit
221 jhbmail.davislangdon.co.za closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
jhbmail:/etc/exim4#

I have looked at the exim4 FAQ on the site and found this and added it.

unknown:
      driver = manualroute
      transport = remote_smtp
      route_list = * smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net
      no_verify

So I put that in the config file ( im using the all in one file,
exim4.config.template ) and then I restart exim and still get the same
error when tring to send a mail.

I have looked at the exim4 -d -bt carola@??? and I dont
quite understand it, if there is anyone that would need to see this to
help i'll send it too, and I put the above "unknown:" into the section
### router/300_exim4-config_real_local

Im new to exim ( started with it on friday ) but I am not new to linux or
smtp ( used to work with sendmail ) and any help would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Gareth Gregor

Content scanned with IronGate (Fe.Mail)