Re: [exim] How to defer delivery if forwardfile is locked?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Troy Engel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] How to defer delivery if forwardfile is locked?
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Troy Engel wrote:

> Question: if you stat() the forward file and it exists, but cannot be read for
> whatever reason (let's say it's root.root:0600, eg) what happens? Does mail
> delivery continue, skipping the filter?

I doubt it, but I'll have to read the code to be sure ... ah yes ... I
remember. There's an option. It normally returns an error, meaning
delivery will be deferred, but if you set ignore_eacces it behaves as if
the file does not exist.

> As mentioned, it's seemingly random in nature -- two emails could come in one
> after the other, both spam. Both are piped out and injected back in, marked as
> spam. The first one gets filtered, the second one skips the filter. Odd.

As you say, odd.

> Ideas?

Unfortunately, I have none.

Incidentally, my own .forward file lives on an NFS server (Network
Appliance) that is accessed by 3 hosts, all of which receive email. I
have not noticed a case of .forward skipping (my filter catches several
hundred a day), though we are not doing the pipe out inject back thing
that you are.