Re: [exim] EXIM 4.43 spool format error and ACL variables

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Rainer Kemme
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] EXIM 4.43 spool format error and ACL variables
Rainer Kemme wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> Is anybody using ACL variables like $acl_m0 in exim configuration file?
>
> I set one variable in 'acl_smtp_mail'. But now I got in trouble: If exim
> wants to deliver a mail to a remote recipient and the remote recipents
> mail server denies the connection the mail is kept in the spool file -
> for ever.
>
> exim -bp says:
> *** spool format error ***

> Can I consider this behavior of Exim 4.43 as an error???

This sounds like you've two different versions of exim. The saving of
acl variables is NOT backward-compatible to versions prior 4.23.

It seems like your daemon is 4.43 and the version in your path is
something prior 4.23.

Please verify with exim -bV.

Nico