[exim] Re: Where can I find the source of Exim's spec and fi…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: hunte
CC: exim-users, Nigel Metheringham
Subject: [exim] Re: Where can I find the source of Exim's spec and filter doc?
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 hunte@??? wrote:

> We have been used Exim for more than 1 year, and found it is great
> software. To promote its usage, I want to translate the docs into
> Chinese, but there is no source package about docs in the
> distribution.
>
> Where can I get source doc?

The source is currently held in a private markup language, so it would
not be of much use to you. We have been discussing recently what should
happen in the longer term, and I have suggested that we think about
converting it either directly into DocBook XML, or into Asciidoc, which
could then generate DocBook. But this is not going to happen very
quickly. It is likely to be several months, maybe quite a few.

I'm sorry about that, but 10 years ago when I started, I had no idea
that Exim would spread as widely as it has done. I'm glad you like it.

Regards,
Philip