Re: [exim] unrouteable address from alias on internal host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Fred Viles
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] unrouteable address from alias on internal host
On 10 Nov 2004 at 18:31, Rob wrote about
    "Re: [exim] unrouteable address from":

| Sure thing, it originally came from http://www.jcdigita.com/eximconfig/

Gad.

| begin routers

| # Route directly via SMTP (Outbound messages.)
| outbound_direct:
|     driver    = dnslookup
|     transport = remote_smtp
|     domains   = ! +local_domains : ! +relay_domains
|     condition = "${if or { \
|            {eq {$sender_address}{}} \
|            {eq {$sender_address_domain}{HOSTNAME}} \
|            {eq
| {${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch{CONFIGDIR/domains/local}{FOUND}{}}}{FOUND}}
| \
|            {eq
| {${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch{CONFIGDIR/domains/relay}{FOUND}{}}}{FOUND}}
| \
|            } {1}{0}}"
|     ignore_target_hosts = IGNORE_TARGET_HOSTS
|     verify_recipient = true
|     verify_sender    = false

This appears to be the only router intended to handle general
outbound addresses. The ${if condition appears to restrict the
sender addresses allowed for relay prevention. If so, it would not
be expected to accept messages with arbitrary external addresses in
MAIL FROM, and your symptom is the expected result.

If you remove the condition, it will "solve" the reported problem.
But my guess is that it will also turn you into an open relay. So
before doing that, make sure you have adequate checks in your RCPT
ACL to prevent relay attempts! I'll bet your config does not do that
currently and that's why it's doing it in the router.

- Fred