Re: [exim] abuse report

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] abuse report
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:28:37AM -0800, Marilyn Davis said:

> Do you mean that if our users log in and generate spam, we can get
> black-listed?

That's always a possibilty, although you generally would hear about it
before that happens...

> In any case, does anyone have any clever tricks for watching for
> user-generated spam? Count how many addresses they send to per 5
> minutes and if it is high, look into it? I want to get away from
> spamassassin and such filter tools because I don't want to play the
> spam-war anymore. I want to win.

Analyze your logs via a cron job. Define a threshold for legit usage,
and automatically lock any account that exceeds it. Make sure that
someone can't easily auto generate bazillions of accounts via a script.