Re: AW: [exim] Expansion of transport filters

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Steffen Heil
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: AW: [exim] Expansion of transport filters
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Steffen Heil wrote:

> I read it. That's where the quotes are from.
>
> > > transport_filter =
> > > "${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch*@{filename}{$value}fail}"

But those quotes are no good! A quote at the start of an option value is
removed at configuration read-in time because it is part of the input
syntax (for causing the text to be processed for \n etc). Since you have
no such values in your string, the quotes do nothing.

In fact, since you have no whitespace in your string, you don't need
internal quotes for the command either. If you did, you could use single
quotes, which are recognized for command parsing, but not for input
quoting.

> > You could look up the command name, and individual arguments, but not the
> whole command.
>
> So the above should work, if the file only contains commands ?

Yes, with and without the quotes.