Re: AW: [exim] quota revisited

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Steffen Heil
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: AW: [exim] quota revisited
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Steffen Heil wrote:

> However this seems a bit ugly for me, as my users don't get warned on such
> mail which cross the threshold and cross the limit and therefor don't get
> delivered.

This is no different from quota without a threshold. Users do not get
warned about messages that would exceed their quota and that didn't get
delivered. A threshold message says "look out, your mailbox is filling
up". There is no message for "a message that is too big was bounced".
After all, there is a big danger here: if the mailbox is absolutely
full, no message will fit, and all the warnings will be bounced too...

> Is there a way to handle this?

If by "handle" you mean "send a warning when a message that doesn't fit
fails to be delivered" then then answer is "no, not directly in Exim".

You can always write applicatons that scan the log files and do stuff,
of course.